Enhanced cleaning across campus
We have worked hard to introduce new measures to our cleaning regime for the safety of the community.
That has included working within government and Public Health England guidelines, and consulting with our service providers in the cleaning industry and other universities.
Included below is information about additions and enhancements we have made to our cleaning operations. These will be continually reviewed by the Site Services team and Building Custodians as they assess spaces across campus.
Disinfection of touch points
We have increased our daytime cleaning presence to ensure higher risk areas have an enhanced disinfection service throughout the day. They include:
- Toilets and washrooms
- Shared offices and study spaces
- Teaching spaces
- Main entrances and exits
In all cases, virucidal chemicals will be used in conjunction with regular cleaning products to remove dirt and kill germs.
Sanitiser and wipe dispensers
- Sanitiser dispensers will be available at building entrances and outside toilets.
- Disinfectant wipe stations with 1,000-wipe capacities will be placed in offices to allow people to disinfect their workstation before starting work. Please don't move the stations as they are located to cater for numerous areas and will only be replenished and cleaned if they are in the prescribed location. Your Building Custodian will have discussed locations and provisions with the Site Services team, and if required, additional measures will be introduced.
- Each dispenser will be visited by the cleaning team on a number of times throughout the day and replenished as necessary. If one is found to be empty, please contact Cleaning Operations on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signage will be in place to instruct users on best practice. These signs will be placed above dispensers, bins and within toilets and washrooms.
Changes to the cleaning regime
- Thorough cleaning of office space will take place earlier in the morning at 5am to support social distancing between cleaners and office staff.
- Toilets will be closed during cleaning and o we would ask staff to use alternative toilets while this takes place.
- The cleaning team will disinfect their equipment and cloths with virucidal chemicals before moving to a new area to reduce the chance of virus transmission.
- Wipeable keyboard covers are being provided for use at shared desks and in PC Labs used by multiple people.