Job-hunters: give yourself the edge
As a new wave of graduates hits the UK job market, there will be increased competition for jobs. If you are job-hunting, then now is the perfect time to take advantage of the free guidance and resources on offer at Brunel.
You are entitled to free careers support for up to two years after you graduate. Whether you want to have your CV checked over, find out what goes on at an assessment centre, or get help with searching and applying for jobs, there is someone in the Placement and Careers Centre (PCC) that can help.
So how can Brunel help?
- You can pop in with a ‘Quick Query’ or book longer one-to-one guidance appointments with our subject-specific Careers Consultants
- If you are unable to travel to the Brunel campus, we can offer support over email, Skype or telephone
- We will help you identify target roles and work with you to create an action plan to get started
- You will get practical support throughout the process: from CVs and applications to interviews and assessment centres
- We host graduate events including recruitment fairs and workshops on job-finding strategies and understanding what employers are looking for
- We have a LinkedIn group with more than 6,100 experienced alumni who can provide advice and guidance for a wide range of fields, as well as job leads
And what if you are currently working? Our consultants can look over your CV while you are still entitled to this free support, so that you’ll be prepared when it is time to move on.
Contact the PCC