Research students are welcomed to our Centre as valued members of our thriving, research-intensive community. Find out more about Research Degrees in Brunel. A research degree provides the opportunity to investigate a topic in depth, and contribute new knowledge to your discipline.
Choosing your supervisor
Our researchers create knowledge and advance understanding, and equip versatile graduates with the confidence to apply what they have learnt for the benefit of society. Browse the list of the members of our Theme to select your potential supervisor here. You are welcome to approach your potential supervisor directly to discuss your research interests.
Proposed areas of research
- Entrepreneurial orientation in different organisational contexts such as small firms; family businesses, medium to large organisations, and technology-based firms
- Social entrepreneurship
- Corporate entrepreneurship and innovation
- Entrepreneurial learning, unlearning and feedback
- Organisational ambidexterity
- International entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial opportunities and decision-making
- Ethnic minority entrepreneurship
- The relationship between dynamic capabilities and entrepreneurship
- The role of knowledge and absorptive capacity in innovation
- Entrepreneurship and innovation in emerging market economies
Current PhD Students
- Hongyi Yang: The role of the Internet for SME internationalisation: A network approach
- Hasan Ghura: Institutional environment for opportunity entrepreneurship in resource-based countries: panel data evidence
- Fahim Ghaus: Understanding the internationalization process of social enterprises
- Adel Fadhil: Organizational performance in public sector organizations of Oman.
Contact our Enquiries team.
Course Enquiries: +44 (0)1895 265599 (before you submit an application)
Admissions Office: +44 (0)1895 265265 (after you submit an application)
Funding for doctoral studies
A number of studentships and other research funding opportunities are available at Brunel. Please see full list here: Research degree funding.