Verification, Validation, and Defect Prediction
About Verification, Validation, and Defect Prediction
Our research focuses on understanding of code defects in software projects in order to be able to predict their occurrence, this approach focuses on error rates, recall and completeness (amongst other) metrics to assess the performance of a software system and learn why faults are likely to occur. We also investigate how software project specifications capture stakeholders needs and explore ways in which software products meet, or fail to meet, outlined specifications.
- Song, Q., Guo, Y. and Shepperd, M. (2018) 'A Comprehensive Investigation of the Role of Imbalanced Learning for Software Defect Prediction'. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. pp. 1 - 1. ISSN: 0098-5589
- Shepperd, M., Hall, T. and Bowes, D. (2017) 'Authors' Reply to "Comments on Researcher Bias: The Use of Machine Learning in Software Defect Prediction"'. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 44 (11). pp. 1129 - 1131. ISSN: 0098-5589
- Hall, T., Beecham, S., Bowes, D., Gray, D. and Counsell, S. (2012) 'A systematic literature review of fault prediction performance in software engineering'. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 38 (6). pp. 1276 - 1304. ISSN: 0098-5589
- AbouTrab, MS., Counsell, S. and Hierons, RM. (2011) 'GeTex: A tool for testing real-time embedded systems using can applications'.18th IEEE International Conference and Workshops on Engineering of Computer Based Systems (ECBS). Las Vegas, NV. 27 - 29 April. IEEE. pp. 61 - 70.
- Menzies, T. and Shepperd, M. (2011) 'Special issue on repeatable results in software engineering prediction'. Empirical Software Engineering, 17 (1-2). pp. 1 - 17. ISSN: 1382-3256
- Song, QB., Jia, ZH., Shepperd, M., Ying, S. and Liu, J. (2011) 'A general software defect-proneness prediction framework'. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 37 (3). pp. 356 - 370. ISSN: 0098-5589
- AbouTrab, M., Alrouh, B., Counsell, S., Hierons, RM. and Ghinea, G. (2010) 'A multi-criteria decision making framework for real time model-based testing'.Testing: Academic & Industrial Conference Practice and Research Techniques, 2010 (TAIC PART 2010). Windsor, UK. 3 - 5 September. Springer.
- Abou Trab, MS., Alrouh, B., Counsell, S., Hierons, RM. and Ghinea, G. (2010) 'A multi-criteria decision making framework for real time model-based testing', in Bottaci, L. and Fraser, G. (eds.) Testing - Practice and Research Techniques: Proceedings of the 5th International Academic and Industrial Conference (TAIC PART 2010). Berlin/Heidelberg : Springer. , 6303. pp. 194 - 197. ISBN 10: 3-642-15584-7. ISBN 13: 978-3-642-15584-0.
- Song, Q., Shepperd, M., Cartwright, M. and Mair, C. (2006) 'Software defect association mining and defect correction effort prediction'. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 32 (2). pp. 69 - 82. ISSN: 0098-5589
- Counsell, S., Swift, S. and Tucker, A. (2001) 'An empirical investigation into the interpretation of faults in requirements documents'.The Empirical Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE-2001). [unpublished]