About Information Visualisation
Information Visualisation research investigates the spatial relationships between data and ways in which large datasets can be represented graphically to aid sense-making of patterns and relationships which are easily missed in non-graphical formats. Our research focuses on using similarity metrics and spacial semantics to understand the relationship between pieces of data and find ways to represent them graphically to the user, revealing hidden relationships between data points.
- Jiang, X., Muntean, G-M., Ghinea, G. and Xu, C. (2017) 'Challenges and Opportunities of Network Virtualization over Wireless Mobile Networks'. Mobile Information Systems, 2017. pp. 1 - 2. ISSN: 1574-017X
- Cribbin, TF. (2014) 'Augmenting Citation Chain Aggregation with Article Maps'.First Workshop on Knowledge Maps and Information Retrieval (KMIR 2014) co-located with the International Conference on Digital Libraries 2014 (DL 2014. City University, London. 12 - 12 September. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. pp. 31 - 39. ISSN: 1613-0073
- de Folter, J. and Cribbin, T. (2012) 'Facilitating insight into a simulation model using visualization and dynamic model previews'. Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, 23 (6). pp. 344 - 353. ISSN: 1045-926X
- Cribbin, T. (2010) 'Visualising the structure of document search results: A comparison of graph theoretic approaches'. Information Visualization, 9 (2). pp. 83 - 97. ISSN: 1473-8716
- Westerman, SJ., Collins, J. and Cribbin, T. (2005) 'Browsing a document collection represented in two- and three-dimensional virtual information space'. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 62 (6). pp. 713 - 736. ISSN: 1071-5819
- Chen, C., Cribbin, T., Kuljis, J. and Macredie, RD. (2002) 'Footprints of information foragers: behaviour semantics of visual exploration'. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 57 (2). pp. 139 - 163. ISSN: 1071-5819
- Chen, C., Cribbin, T., Morar, SS. and Macredie, R. (2002) 'Visualizing and tracking the growth of competing paradigms: two case studies'. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 53 (8). pp. 678 - 689. ISSN: 1532-2882
- Chen, C. and Cribbin, T. (2001) 'Visualising and animating visual information foraging in context'.9th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. Mahwah, NJ, USA. 5 - 10 August. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. pp. 1100 - 1104.
- Cribbin, T. and Chen, C. (2001) 'A study of navigation strategies in spatial-semantic visualisations'.9th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. Mahwah, NJ, USA. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. pp. 948 - 952.
- Westerman, SJ. and Cribbin, TF. (2000) 'Mapping semantic information in virtual space: Dimensions, variance, and individual differences'. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 53 (5). pp. 765 - 788. ISSN: 1071-5819