Technology Enhanced Education
About Technology Enhanced Education
The research we do in the field of Technology Enhanced Education focuses the design, development and evaluation of innovative, interactive and intelligent digital learning tools, applications and learning platforms, with the goal of delivering enhanced learning experiences and enabling students and teaching practitioners to embrace new ways of learning through the use of such technologies.
- Hamm, J., Money, A. and Atwal, A. (2019) 'guidetomeasure-OT: A mobile 3D application to improve the accuracy, consistency, and efficiency of clinician-led home-based falls-risk assessments'. International Journal of Medical Informatics. ISSN: 1386-5056
- Coleman, TE. and Money, A. (2019) 'Student Centered Digital Game-Based Learning: A Conceptual Framework and Survey of the State of the Art'. Higher Education. ISSN: 0018-1560
- Bi, T., Silva, F., Ghinea, G. and Muntean, GM. (2018) 'Improving Learning Experience by Employing DASH-Based Mulsemedia Delivery'.2018 IEEE Games, Entertainment, Media Conference (GEM). Galway, Ireland. 30 - 17 August. IEEE. pp. 414 - 417.
- Lin, CH., Huang, SH., Shih, JL., Covaci, A. and Ghinea, G. (2017) 'Game-Based Learning Effectiveness and Motivation Study between Competitive and Cooperative Modes'.2017 IEEE 17th International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT). IEEE. pp. 123 - 127.
- Scott, MJ. and Ghinea, G. (2017) 'On the educational impact of lecture recording reduction: Evidence from a randomised trial'.the 2017 ACM Conference. ACM Press. pp. 287 - 292. ISSN: 1942-647X
- Zou, L., Tal, I., Covaci, A., Ibarrola, E., Ghinea, G. and Muntean, GM. (2017) 'Can multisensorial media improve learner experience?'.the 8th ACM. ACM Press. pp. 315 - 320.
- Hwang, WY., Kongcharoen, C. and Ghinea, G. (2017) 'Influence of students' affective and conative factors on laboratory learning: Moderating effect of online social network attention'. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 13 (3). pp. 1013 - 1024. ISSN: 1305-8215
- Money, A. and coughlan, J. (2016) 'Team-taught versus individually taught undergraduate education: A qualitative study of student experiences and preferences'. Higher Education, 72 (6). pp. 797 - 811. ISSN: 0018-1560
- Koulouri, T., Lauria, S. and Macredie, RD. (2015) 'Teaching introductory programming: a quantitative evaluation of different approaches'. ACM Transactions on Computing Education, 14 (4). pp. 1 - 28. ISSN: 1531-4278
- Scott, MJ., Counsell, S., Lauria, S., Swift, S., Tucker, A., Shepperd, M. and et al. (2015) 'Enhancing Practice and Achievement in Introductory Programming with a Robot Olympics'. IEEE Transactions on Education, 58 (4). pp. 249 - 254. ISSN: 0018-9359
- Scott, M. and Ghinea, G. (2015) 'Reliability in the Assessment of Program Quality by Teaching Assistants During Code Reviews'.Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education. Vilnius, Lithuania. 6 - 8 July. ACM. pp. 346. ISSN: 1942-647X
- Scott, M. and Ghinea, G. (2014) 'Measuring enrichment: The assembly and validation of an instrument to assess student self-beliefs in CS1'.10th International ACM Workshop on Computing Education Research (ICER '14). Scotland. 11 - 15 August. ACM. pp. 123 - 130.
- Scott, M. and Ghinea, G. (2014) 'On the domain-specificity of mindsets: The relationship between aptitude beliefs and programming practice'. IEEE Transactions on Education, 57 (3). pp. 169 - 174. ISSN: 0018-9359
- Scott, M. and Ghinea, G. (2013) 'Implicit theories of programming aptitude as a barrier to learning to code: Are they distinct from intelligence?'.17th ACM Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE '13). Kent, UK. 1 - 3 July. Association of Computer Machinery. pp. 347 - 347. ISSN: 1942-647X
- Scott, M. and Ghinea, G. (2013) 'Educating programmers: A reflection on barriers to deliberate practice'.HEA STEM '13. Birmingham, UK. 18 - 19 April. Higher Education Academy. pp. 85 - 90.
- Scott, M. and Ghinea, G. (2013) 'Integrating fantasy role-play into the programming lab: Exploring the 'projective identity' hypothesis'.44th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE '13). Denver, CO. 6 - 9 March. ACM. pp. 119 - 122.
- Fagerstrøm, A. and Ghinea, G. (2013) 'Co-creation of value in higher education: Using social network marketing in the recruitment of students'. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 35 (1). pp. 45 - 53. ISSN: 1360-080X
- Alzahrani, JG. and Ghinea, G. (2012) 'Evaluating the impact of interactivity issues on e-learning effectiveness'.2012 11th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET). IEEE.
- Mampadi, F., Chen, SY., Ghinea, G. and Chen, MP. (2011) 'Design of adaptive hypermedia learning systems: A cognitive style approach'. Computers and Education, 56 (4). pp. 1003 - 1011. ISSN: 0360-1315
- Jayal, A., Lauria, S., Tucker, A. and Swift, S. (2011) 'Python for teaching introductory programming: A quantitative evaluation'. ITALICS Innovations in Teaching and Learning in Information and Computer Sciences, 10 (1). pp. 86 - 90.a
- Ghinea, G., Stergioulas, L., Chen, S., Tiropanis, T. and Tsekeridou, S. (2009) 'Special issue on "Ubiquitous e-Learning solutions over heterogeneous networks"'. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 13 (3). pp. 179 - 180. ISSN: 1617-4909
- Serif, T., Ghinea, G., Stergioulas, L., Chen, S., Tiropanis, T. and Tsekeridou, S. (2009) 'Satellite-based delivery of educational content to geographically isolated communities: a service based approach'. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 13 (3). pp. 229 - 241. ISSN: 1617-4909