Why Brunel University London for international students?
Brunel is ranked among the UK's top 50 and London's top 10 universities in the Complete University Guide 2018.
We are proud to be one of the top 25 universities in the world for international students (Times Higher Education 2017).
"When I arrived at Brunel, I had my doubts about how I would be integrated in the community being an international student. I was pleasantly surprised by the open mindedness and friendly environment of the staff and students at Brunel.”
Camila, BSc Economics and Business Finance
We prepare you for your career
We understand that coming to university is not just about getting a degree; it’s about helping you excel in your career. Our Professional Development Centre offers you a range of services, from advice on writing job application forms, CVs and how to prepare for interviews, to one-to-one career consultations, help in finding internships, placements and part-time jobs.
Many of our international students do work placements in the UK and around the world at companies such as HSBC, IBM and GlaxoSmithKline. If you choose to do a placement, we’ll support and advise you through all stages.
You’ll be part of a vibrant international community
Our safe, single campus university in London is home to over 2,500 international students from more than 110 countries. We guarantee campus accommodation to all international students studying with us for the first time, so everything you need to become part of our vibrant international community is on your doorstep.
We celebrate cultural events and festivals on campus throughout the year, and our annual One World Week brings together students, staff and the local community to celebrate our diversity.
Our international environment instils a global outlook in all of our students and provides invaluable experience of working with people from around the world.
Everything you need on our secure campus in west London
Ensuring you have access to everything you need to live, study and work whilst at Brunel is the key to your success, which is why we’ve invested a lot into our campus.
Our campus facilities include:
- A 24-hour library
- Self-catering on-campus accommodation for 4,500 students
- World-class sports facilities
- The Brunel Language Centre, for English language support and learning modern languages
- The Professional Development Centre
- An Arts Centre
- An active and diverse Students’ Union
- A vibrant social scene with our own nightclub and over 100 student societies
- Multi-faith prayer facilities, spiritual and religious support
- Self-service launderettes
- Coffee shops, restaurants and bars
- A medical centre and pharmacy
- A convenience store
- En-suite or standard (shared bathroom) accommodation, and contained flats (for couples)
- Top of the range equipment and facilities for your chosen subject of study
There are also lots of University services available to you while you are studying with us:
- Brunel Buddies
- Study support
- Academic English
- Supporting you
- Disability and Dyslexia Service
- Faith and Religion
- The Student Centre for:
- Administrative enquiries (finance, letters, registration etc.)
- Immigration and visa advice
- Student Services for:
- Pre-arrival support and Orientation Programme
- Non-academic support throughout your studies
- Advice and Representation Centre (ARC, which is part of the Union of Brunel Students)
- 24-hour, year-round campus security
An applied learning experience
At Brunel, we encourage you to apply what you learn to real-life situations, giving you an in-depth understanding of theory and how it can be used day to day. Our teaching is informed by internationally-recognised research and delivered by experts in their field, enabling you to graduate ready for work.
Heathrow Airport is only 20 minutes away
20 minutes away from Heathrow Airport, Brunel University London is located in Uxbridge, just a short bus ride or 20 minute walk from campus, offering a wide range of shopping and entertainment options.
Uxbridge is on the London Underground network, bringing you into the centre of London in 45 minutes.
Brunel University London is a proud supporter of the #WeAreInternational campaign