Summer vacation: students already on campus
||10am 10 June 2018 until 10am 9 September 2018
|Standard room rate
||£108.15 per week
|En suite room rate
||£137.48 - £151.97 per week
A minimum booking of 1 week will apply.
- Full payment is required in advance. Payment by Direct Debit will not be possible during this period.
- You will need to apply and make the payment by the deadline if you want to continue your stay on campus after your current term time contract ends at 10am 10 June 2018.
- Most of the Halls of Residence are not available to book during the summer period due to redecoration or because they are already booked for conference use. This means that most students will be required to change rooms for their summer period of stay.
- Additional summer bookings can be made online if you decide you would like to stay longer. The latest to do so is 7 days prior to the end of your existing contract. We will do our best to offer you the same room but this is not guaranteed.
- Any offers of accommodation will be subject to the clearance of all previous outstanding accommodation-related charges.
- Postgraduate or Research students with contracts until 10am 9 September 2018 do not need to apply for the Summer Vacation period.
Applications can be made online. Bookings for summer 2018 will be available from April 2018.
All cancellations need to be put in writing by submitting our Cancellation Request Form. Your first weeks rent is non-refundable unless notice is given in writing 7 days before the start of each new Licence Agreement.
Vacating your room during the summer
If you choose to leave your summer contract early you can and you'll be refunded for any additional nights you have paid for. Keys have to be returned to your Residences Office before 10am Monday to Friday. When keys are returned after 10am you'll be charged additional accommodation fees at a nightly rate of:
- £42 for a standard room
- £47 for an en suite room
- £70 for a studio flat
The minimum stay of one week applies to each new contract. Please don't return keys to the Security Office or leave them with a friend. Please contact us closer to the time for the out of hours vacating procedure.