Although we are planning to hold this event in person, Government guidelines and social restrictions at the time may force us to cancel or change the planned event – please take this into account if you or your guests are planning to travel to the event as the University cannot be held liable for any cancellations and expenses you may incur.
The University will not be liable to you in any manner whatsoever for any failure or delay, or for the consequences of any failure or delay, in performance of any contract with you if it is due to any event beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to:
- strikes, lockouts or other industrial action or disputes (whether involving our workforce or any other party);
- acts of God;
- pandemic, quarantine or widespread illness (whether affecting our staff and/or student body or otherwise);
- governmental requisitioning, emergency planning or provision;
- war, protests, fire, flood, storm, tempest, explosion;
- an actual, suspected or threatened act of terrorism;
- civil commotion;
- national emergencies;
- breakdown of plant or machinery;
- actions or defaults of placement providers; or
- default of suppliers or sub-contractors
The contract between you and us is governed by English Law. You and Brunel both agree that the English and Welsh courts have jurisdiction over any disputes that may arise under this contract. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
This contract is between you and Brunel, and no other third party shall be entitled to make any claim in connection with it by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Each of the provisions above is separate and severable. Accordingly, if any court or body or authority of competent jurisdiction finds any such provision to be illegal, unlawful, void or unenforceable this will not affect the remainder of those provisions which will continue in full force and effect.
Please note that the ability to participate and view the celebration live stream on the day will depend upon a number of factors beyond the University’s control, such as the user’s browser, system and bandwidth. It is therefore impossible to guarantee that the streaming will be viewable to all.
We will update the website when further information becomes available, so be sure to check back here regularly.