UPDATED 28th May 2018
Brunel Gym to open its doors to students from 1st June
From 1st June 2019, Brunel Sport will be taking on the management of the gym in the Sports Centre. We have listened closely to your feedback and will be making it more accessible than ever for a student to be physically active on campus.
Gym membership changes will include:
- Introducing off peak memberships from the equivalent of £12.50 per month*
- Pre-paid memberships will now be annual rather than an academic year meaning students will no longer have to pay for a separate summer membership
- Some fitness classes will move to the Exercise Studio to allow more people per class
- An option to include Union Sport membership as well as off peak squash and tennis courts in your gym membership
- Direct debit members will be able to freeze their payments over the summer
- Pay as you go access will be reduced to £6 per visit
Click HERE to see the membership options and pricing, along with lots of Frequently Asked Questions.
Once memberships are live from 31st May, students will be also able purchase a peak or premium annual membership for 2019/20 now and get this summer included – 15 months for the price of 12. Any student who has already purchased a summer membership will be able to upgrade.
Further changes and new equipment is planned over the summer ready for the new academic year so keep an eye out for more from your campus gym.
* pricing based on an off peak annual membership of £149
Brunel Gym to open its doors to staff from 1st June
From 1st June 2019, Brunel Sport will be taking on the management of the gym in the Sports Centre. We have listened closely to your feedback and will be making it easier than ever for staff to be physically active on campus.
Gym membership changes will include:
- Introducing off peak memberships for those staff who only exercise before work or at lunchtime
- Introducing the option to pay for the gym through payroll (as we do for parking on campus)
- Increasing the number of ‘live’ lunchtime classes
- Moving some fitness classes to the Exercise Studio to increase class capacity
- Introducing an option to add Union Sport membership (for active@brunel sessions) as well as off peak squash and tennis courts to your gym membership
- Immediate family members of staff (18+ and living at the same address) will be able to join at the discounted staff rate
- Reducing ‘pay as you go’ access to £6 per visit
Staff will be able to register with Brunel Sport online, via the Brunel Sport App or in person from 31st May.
In the meantime, please click HERE to see the membership options and pricing. You will also find Frequently Asked Questions here too.
We are pleased to announce that the gym in the Sports Centre, currently the More Energy Brunel gym, will be managed by Brunel Sport from 1st June 2019. With exciting changes and additions planned over the summer ready for the new academic year, we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to your campus gym.
The fully air conditioned gym includes a cardio area, a resistance zone, a free weights section and an exercise studio along with changing facilities and free parking for members of the public. Our memberships offer an extensive range of services, including:
- Personal fitness programmes and personal training
- A full studio class programme
- Health checks and body composition tests
- Fitness assessments & nutrition analysis
The Sports Centre is open seven days a week and we welcome all students and staff based at Brunel as well as members of the public. Brunel Alumni, students at other institutions (proof of status required), over 60s and immediate family members of Brunel staff will also receive a discount.
Online joining will be available from 31st May 2019 but in the meantime, if you have any questions please take a look at our FAQs page.
If you are an existing member of More Energy Brunel, your membership will be continued by Brunel Sport and we look forward to welcoming you. As More Energy Brunel is a separate company, we will need to register you with Brunel Sport which you can do now by downloading our Brunel Sport App, via our website from 31st May or on your first visit to the gym after 31st May.