Who are the Performance Programmes designed for?
The Sports Performance Programme is a programme of coaching, support services and facilities access designed to help those current Brunel students who are looking to continue and develop their sporting careers in Athletics, Netball, Football, Rugby Union & League, Basketball or Futsal.
To be eligible to join a Brunel Sports Performance Programme athletes must be:
- Students currently registered at Brunel University
- Current members of the associated Brunel Student Union sports club
What benefits do Sports Performance Programme members receive?
- Access to the Indoor Athletics Centre (IAC) including the Strength & Conditioning Weights Area for the whole academic year
- High level coaching provided by qualified National Governing Body coaches employed by Brunel Sport
- Help to establish a training/study routine when arriving at University
- Weekly Strength & Conditioning sessions
- Spa Access including use of the Plunge Pool, Steam Room, Sauna & Jacuzzi
- Free physio/sports massage at selected times each week with Uxbridge Physiotherapy
How much does the Sports Performance Programme membership cost?
SPP membership £179 per academic year.
How do I become a member of the Sports Performance Programme?
Becoming a member of the SPP is a three step process:
1) Buy your Brunel Sports Federation card online at http://www.brunelstudents.com/studentactivities £32.50
2) Join the relevant Brunel Student Union Club (Athletics, Netball, Football, Rugby, Basketball, Futsal) online at http://www.brunelstudents.com/studentactivities.
3) Buy your SPP membership from either the Indoor Athletics Centre or Sports Centre Receptions. You will have to provide proof that you have already joined the relevant Brunel Student Union Club before your SPP membership can be purchased. N.B Individual membership to SPP will have to be authorised by the Union of Brunel Students and relevant SPP club committee.