2021 Update & IAC Closure
The IAC track has been replaced with an upgraded athletics surface as well as new gym and weightlifting areas. There will be a layout change which will see both the Pole Vault and Long Jump runways moved to the end of the IAC.
Unfortunately, we are unable to give a reopening date for the Indoor Athletics Centre at this stage. The challenges of ensuring a COVID secure environment in such a substantial and unique space are extensive. We will provide a further update in due course. In the meantime, IAC users will be able to access both the Sports Centre Gym and the Outdoor Athletics facilities.
We know that the disruption may cause some inconvenience but we hope you will all be excited by the new IAC that will be unveiled in June.We are grateful for your continued understanding and look forward to welcoming you back to our sports facilities soon.
Who are the Performance Programmes designed for?
The Sports Performance Programme is a programme of coaching, support services and facilities access designed to help those current Brunel students who are looking to continue and develop their skill, fitness and performance levels in either Athletics, Netball, Football, Futsal, Basketball, Rugby Union, American Football or Lacrosse. These are Brunel’s chosen Performance Sports for 2019/20.
To be eligible to join a Brunel Sports Performance Programme athletes must be:
- Students currently registered at Brunel University
- Current members of the associated Brunel Student Union sports club
What benefits do Sports Performance Programme members receive?
- Access to the Indoor Athletics Centre (IAC) including the Strength & Conditioning Weights Area for the whole academic year
- High level coaching provided by qualified National Governing Body coaches employed by Brunel Sport
- Help to establish a training/study routine when arriving at University
- Weekly Strength & Conditioning sessions
- Spa Access including use of the Plunge Pool, Steam Room, Sauna & Jacuzzi
- Free physio/sports massage at selected times each week with Uxbridge Physiotherapy
How much does the Sports Performance Programme membership cost?
SPP & SPP Gold Memberships for 2021/22 will announced soon!
How do I become a member of the Sports Performance Programme?
Becoming a member of the SPP is a three step process:
1) Buy your union Sports Membership online £35.00
2) Join the relevant Brunel SPP Club - Athletics, Netball, Football, Futsal, Basketball, Rugby Union, American Football or Lacrosse online.at https://brunelstudents.com/teambrunel/
3) Buy your SPP membership from either the Indoor Athletics Centre or Sports Centre Receptions. You will have to provide proof that you have already joined the relevant Brunel Student Union Club before your SPP membership can be purchased. N.B Individual membership to SPP will have to be authorised by the Union of Brunel Students and relevant SPP club committee.