Transition into University life has its challenges. The Brunel Buddies scheme supports new students through their first weeks at Brunel. Buddies are trained Brunel students who use their own personal experience of being a new student to answer your questions and let you know about available support services at Brunel.
Support from a Buddy might include:
- Making friends and getting involved with student societies
- Dealing with the 'culture shock' of a new environment
- Achieving a good study/life balance
- Finding services on campus
- Becoming familiar with university processes
- Help using e-vision, Blackboard and your network email account
- Finding out about local transport, getting about, places of interest & things to do in the area
The scheme is run through Brunel Volunteers. To become a Brunel Buddy (existing students) or to request a Buddy (new students) please get in touch.