As you progress through your degree, these are the types of questions you’ll be able to answer with confidence:
1. What do you understand by the term ’counterpoint’ and how does it relate to music?
2. What sort of musician do you want to be and how might a study of performers from various genres help you in this goal?
3. Describe two different types of microphone and their typical uses.
4. FMt = A × sin(Ct + [I × sin(Mt)]) What’s in a formula? Turning numbers into sound.
5. The revenge of MIDI: how a silly protocol has (re)conquered the world, and why you should know it.