As you progress through your degree, these are the types of questions you’ll be able to answer with confidence:
1. What is a social structure, and why is this concept important for sociologists?
2. To what extent is social class still a useful way to classify people?
3. How have changes in the welfare state impacted on poverty?
4. How have feminist scholars defined gender relations in society?
5. What is the difference between race and ethnicity?
6. How are new social and political movements related to globalisation?
7. To what extent have the global risks people face changed from 1945 until today?