12th Northolt Scout Group - Executive Committee Trustee
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Scout Association is the largest Scouting organisation in the United Kingdom and is the World Organisation of the Scout Movement's recognised member for the United Kingdom.
The association aims to provide "fun, adventure and skills for life and give young people the opportunity to enjoy new adventures, experience outdoors and take part in a range of creative, community and international activities, interact with others, make new friends, gain confidence and have the opportunity to reach their full potential."
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Group Executive Committee plays a vital role in the running of a Scout Group. Executive Committees make decisions and carry out administrative tasks to ensure that the best quality Scouting can be delivered to young people in the Group.
They meet one evening every 2 months, currently via Zoom, but hopefully, soon face to face again. We can be flexible if Zoom is easier for volunteers.
As a member of the Executive Committee, volunteers will:
- Protect and maintain any property and equipment owned by and/or used by the Group
- Manage the Group finances
- Provide insurance for people, property and equipment
- Promote and support the development of Scouting in the local area
- Manage and implement the Safety Policy locally
- Ensure that a positive image of Scouting exists in the local community
- Appoint and manage the operation of any sub-Committees, including appointing Chairmen to lead the sub-Committees
- An interest in the non-profit sector and fundraising
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award