AgeUK - Digital Inclusion Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Age UK Hillingdon, Harrow and Brent have a proud history of over 25 years within the three boroughs. We are passionate about helping the older people of our community enjoy later life and for our three Boroughs to be great places to grow old.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are currently seeking tech-savvy volunteers to assist in achieving the successful delivery of our Digital Inclusion programme. This role aims to provide older individuals remote training, enabling them to use available digital resources.
As an example, you will teach them to:
- Access the web
- Use web browser
- Create email accounts
- Set up virtual communication accounts
- Set up/participate in group activities
- Use apps on their devices
- Anything else they wish to access on their tablet.
You will also be responsible for teaching them how to safeguard themselves whilst using the internet.
- 18+ years of age
- Patience, kindness and compassion
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Interested in helping the older generation
- Good It skills
Volunteers must be available for a minimum of 1 hour per week for at least 3 months. You will be fully trained for this role. Details of training will be provided once your application has been approved.
- Ongoing support/ training materials
- Experience of working with older people
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award