AgeUK - Event Support
Details of the Charity:Share this
Age UK Hillingdon, Harrow and Brent have a proud history of over 25 years within the three boroughs. We are passionate about helping the older people of our community enjoy later life and for our three Boroughs to be great places to grow old.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Age UK Hillingdon Harrow and Brent are looking for friendly and enthusiastic event volunteers to support our Community Fundraiser manager with fundraising activities.
- Flexible/Ad hoc depending on the fundraising event
- Event hours can be between a couple of hours to a full day, usually on Saturday or Sunday; during the week, there will be fewer hours, for example, half a day
- Events will take place in one of the 3 boroughs we work in
Tasks can be wide-ranging and varied. Typical activities can include the following:
- Supporting the community fundraiser at events, including greeting and registering participants, cheering on participants at challenge events, selling raffle tickets promoting our services, collecting donations
- Publicising fundraising events and activities within the local community, e.g., Posters and social media
As it takes an amount of time and resources to welcome and train new volunteers on board, we would appreciate it if you pledged to support us initially for a minimum of 3 months.
No formal experience is needed, as all necessary training will be given, but ideally, you will:
- Be enthusiastic about helping a local charity to support local older people
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Have excellent communication and team working skills
- Patience and sensitivity
- Volunteers can claim all reasonable and previously agreed expenses (such as for travel or reimbursement for items purchased) for the event
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award