Al Buraaq Youth Foundation – Youth Worker Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Al Buraaq Youth Foundation is a weekly Friday, Islamic youth group organised for teenagers and young adults and runs from 7pm -9pm.
Along with an important Islamic reminder session conducted by a guest speaker, the organisation also runs a number of activities such as table tennis, board games, group team building exercises, gaming consoles and various competitions.
The foundation is created as an opportunity for the youth of the community to connect with each other and develop their team building skills.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteers only work during the youth sessions, which take place every Friday (except from school holidays) from 7pm -9pm at the Sri Lankan Muslim Cultural Centre in Harrow.
- Working with other volunteers to organise and plan the weekly sessions
- Handling small groups of youth and conducting the activities planned
- Serving refreshments which are provided at the end
- Help with tidying up after the sessions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Initiative and leadership qualities
- Ability to relate to young people
- All hours will be recorded on your H.E.A.R transcript – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony