Bang Edutainment- Volunteer Marketing Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
BANG Edutainment is a charity delivering projects for young people aged 8-25, designed to build their motivation and skills, who are living or going to school in Brent.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Volunteer Marketing Assistant will also be responsible for updating and maintaining the media and communications. In particular, monitoring and managing social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and to regularly update the charity’s newsletter.
Your help, enthusiasm and desire to grow your marketing experience is needed to:
- Help plan and implement online and offline marketing campaigns that drive engagement, traffic and bookings across social media, search engine optimisation and PR
- Monitor and manage our social media including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Source and produce engaging, relevant and interesting content
- Produce the charity’s monthly newsletter
- Take care of our website.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Responsibilities and Duties
You will drive and manage social media campaigns from content creation, to measurement of campaign success. We need a committed volunteer who is ready for a challenge, willing and able to support the team, particularly the events and fundraising volunteers, as we develop and grow our organisation.
- Have a strong interest in marketing, both on and offline
- Ideally have some marketing and social media experience, but not essential
- Know how to keep a website looking good
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Have an interest in working with young people and local community building
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be a strong, passionate team player with a desire to succeed
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in English
- Be highly organised and have a natural desire to keep things up-to-date
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.