Bang Edutainment- Volunteer Marketing Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
BANG Edutainment is a charity delivering projects for young people aged 8-25, designed to build their motivation and skills, who are living or going to school in Brent.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Volunteer Marketing Assistant will also be responsible for updating and maintaining the media and communications. In particular, monitoring and managing social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and to regularly update the charity’s newsletter.
Your help, enthusiasm and desire to grow your marketing experience is needed to:
- Help plan and implement online and offline marketing campaigns that drive engagement, traffic and bookings across social media, search engine optimisation and PR
- Monitor and manage our social media including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Source and produce engaging, relevant and interesting content
- Produce the charity’s monthly newsletter
- Take care of our website.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Responsibilities and Duties:
You will drive and manage social media campaigns from content creation, to measurement of campaign success. We need a committed volunteer who is ready for a challenge, willing and able to support the team, particularly the events and fundraising volunteers, as we develop and grow our organisation.
- Have a strong interest in marketing, both on and offline
- Ideally have some marketing and social media experience, but not essential
- Know how to keep a website looking good
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Have an interest in working with young people and local community building
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be a strong, passionate team player with a desire to succeed
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in English
- Be highly organised and have a natural desire to keep things up-to-date
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.