Battersea Dogs & Cats Home – Bucket Collection Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims to never turn away a dog or cat in need of help, caring for them until their owners of loving new homes can be found, no matter how long it takes. We are champions for, and supporters of, vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society.
Established in 1860, we’re one of just a few animal rescue centres that run a non-selective intake policy. This means we accept any breed of animal, at any age, including dogs or cats with serious medical and behavioural problem. Our expert team of dog trainers and veterinary staff give the animals in our care the best possible chance of a fresh start in a happy new home.
We work hard to educate the public about responsible pet ownership including, microchipping, neutering and training. This includes educational talks and visits to schools and organisations, events, and publications.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- Raising money using collection buckets at designated underground, train stations and supermarkets once a month (opportunities range from 2 hours to a full day).
- Acting as a positive and friendly representative of the Home.
- Answering basic questions about the work of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
- At some sessions, taking responsibility with another volunteer to act as ‘key contacts’: picking up collection buckets and other materials from their local Battersea centre, attending the full collection, and returning the full buckets after the collection.
Our organisation is based in Wandsworth, however volunteering can be conducted wherever is convenient for the volunteer.
- Passion for animal welfare
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive manner
- Organised and able to work independently
- Experience fundraising or volunteering for a charity (desirable not essential)
- Experience handling money on behalf of an organisation (desirable not essential)
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Experience fundraising for an animal welfare organisation/large charity
- Experience volunteering with the public
- Experience volunteering as part of a bust fundraising team
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards the Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.