Bereavement Care - Bereavement Visitor
Details of the Charity:Share this
Bereavement Care supports children and adults in the London Boroughs of Harrow, Hillingdon and the surrounding areas which need support with their grief or loss following the bereavement of a close friend or family member.
The death of someone significant to us is one of the most challenging experiences in life. The enormity of the loss may have a profound impact. Grief lasts a long time and, frequently, longer than we expect. Unresolved grief may result in long term difficulties later in life, which could require more intensive interventions. Bereavement Care aims to help those who are grieving to understand their feelings and talk about their loss. This has been shown to be an effective therapy.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
This volunteering opportunity is remote. The majority of communications will be via email or phone calls.
- To visit bereaved clients, as agreed with their Bereavement Group Leader
- To ensure that they are complying with Bereavement Care’s Codes of Best Practice for Visitors and any specific codes of practice issued by their Bereavement Group
- To attend regular supervision
- To ensure that they take care to look after themselves (in so far as workload, emotional well-being and personal issues are concerned)
- To report any concerns to their Bereavement Group Leader
- We are looking for an individual who is compassionate, understanding and a good listener
- Though volunteers do not require any previous experience, we would like them to be sympathetic to the cause of the Charity
- We’d encourage those interested to look at our website to learn about our work and activities
- Volunteers are invited to a two day training course; Upon completion, volunteers are issued certifictates
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award