Bishopshalt School - Language Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
We aim to give all students the opportunity to learn a modern Language. We currently offer French and Spanish to A level.
We want to develop confident speakers of these languages and for students to have the opportunity to learn about and experience the cultures of the countries where the languages are spoken through contact with native speakers.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for at least one native French and one native Spanish speakers to work
- 4-5 hours Spanish per week
- 5-6 hours French per week
The role involves 1:1 work with individual students to practise speaking skills as directed by the class teacher. Volunteers may also be required to work within the lesson alongside the teacher to support some students.
There is also an opportunity to deliver a culture/language club during students’ lunch break.
We are also looking for speakers of Mandarin/Arabic/Japanese to deliver a beginners language class.
Training and guidance will be provided.
- Native speakers with a high level of literacy in their own language
- People who are passionate about their culture
- Good communication and organisation
- An interest in working with young people
- Free training
- Volunteering hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteer Award