Brunel University London - Fireworks Steward
Details of the Charity:Share this
We are proud to be hosting one of the largest fireworks displays in Uxbridge. Titanium Fireworks will be working with us, the team do national events including London New Year and Edinburgh Hogmanay so we are looking forward to a stunning display for what promises to be a night to remember. The display will take place in our Sports Park on Tuesday 5 November and we need your help to ensure the event is a success!
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for 65 volunteers to help with various tasks at the Brunel Bonfire and fireworks night. There will be different roles on the night, including ticketing, crowd management for activity stalls, help desks, car parking stewards and site setup.
The majority of volunteers will be needed 4pm-9:30pm working with us to help complete setup, man the info points, ticketing desks for on the door bookings, and stewardship in the car park and around site. Stewards must remain in designated areas during the fireworks display for crowd control and safety measures but fireworks will be visible for volunteers to see.
A crew of 20 will be required to start at 2pm-9.30pm helping with signage and directing suppliers around site for the setup of the event.
Another small crew of 8 will be required to help from 9.30am – 1pm with manual handling and lifting of the bonfire build (guided by the H&S team).
Please sign up to volunteer Bonfire Night & Fireworks volunteering at https://bruneluniversity.typeform.com/to/VLLIip
- Good customer service, polite and welcoming, confident with large groups of people to support crowd management and safety measures.
- Willing to stand outside and work in winter conditions for allocated times in designated areas.
- A meal voucher will be available for volunteers on the day. All volunteers must report in at the time specified. Any latecomers will not be able to register their volunteering hours.
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to the annual Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May