Brunel University - Modern Language Teaching Assistant
Details of the Charity:Share this
If you are a native speaker in one of the seven languages we teach, you can volunteer as a language assistant to support the language teacher in the classroom. The role gives you great work experience in helping students and teachers and can enhance your employability. The language assistant programme is part of your HEAR record, which showcases various volunteering you have completed alongside your studies. You will also receive a certificate if you complete a set number of hours as a language assistant and complete a portfolio.
Student Teaching Assistants are required for the following languages:
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Applicants should have a very high level of competence in the language in question, native speaker or approximately C1 level.
Tasks could include:
- Helping the tutor in the classroom to deliver aspects of the lesson
- Working with a small group of students to improve speaking skills
- Providing small conversation classes alongside Brunel’s Modern Languages classes
Applicants should contact Pascale.Mcfadden@brunel.ac.uk to arrange an informal virtual interview.
- Students must either be native speakers of the language they wish to teach or have reached a high level of competence (at least C1 according to the European Framework)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Free professional training
- Valuable experience as a Teaching Assistant
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award