Brunel Volunteers - Brufriender
Details of the Charity:Share this
Brunel Volunteers is a department which sits within the Brunel Professional Development Centre and works with charities, community groups and organisations to facilitate volunteering opportunities for students and staff to engage with in the local and wider community.
The opportunities offered not only support charities, not for profit organisations and community projects, they help students to build skills relevant to future employment and explore different career paths before entering the graduate recruitment market.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
BRUfrienders is a support initiative put together by Brunel Volunteers in collaboration with other Brunel services, to support students who find themselves unable to leave their campus accomodation due to Covid-19 regulations. Brufrienders are student volunteers who carry out simple tasks, all of which support students in isolation or quarantine.
Brufrienders will carry out simple tasks, all of which will be to further support students in isolation. Tasks will involve the collection of an item/items and delivery to the relevant isolating student through approved channels, some examples of possible tasks include, collecting parcels from the Distribution Centre, books from the library and medicine from the pharmacy.
- Ability to work on your feet and carry items to student accomodation
- Empathy and an understanding of issues for students having to abide by Covid-19 restrictions
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and to maintain personal boundaries
- An opportunity to support your fellow students
- Volunteering hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteer Award