Brunel Volunteers - Events Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Brunel Volunteers is a department which sits within Brunel Professional Development Centre and works with charities, community groups and organisations to facilitate volunteering opportunities for students and staff to engage with in the local and wider community.
The opportunities offered not only support charities, not for profit organisations and community projects, they help students to build skills relevant to future employment and explore different career paths before entering the graduate recruitment market.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Brunel Volunteers will be hosting and supporting several events this year on campus and in our local community and we are looking for volunteers to help us organise and deliver activities during these events, to ensure things run smoothly and to offer a high quality and enjoyable experience to those who attend
Events volunteers will help to deliver a variety of different events and volunteer tasks will vary depending on the nature of the event.
These may include
- Helping with set up of stalls prior to events starting – this might involve moving tables, chairs and other equipment
- Providing a warm friendly welcome to visitors at the entrance
- Handing out information leaflets to visitors
- Supporting the running of various event stalls
- Helping to clear up after events – this might involve packing away tables, chairs and other equipment
- Supporting the team to promote events to target audiences through a variety of communication methods.
- Friendly and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to be on your feet for prolonged periods of time
- Confidence to interact with the public
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Flexible – willingness to help out with a variety of tasks
- Develop skills alongside a team that delivers a wide variety of events.
- Volunteering hours count towards the Brunel Volunteer Award