Brunel Volunteers - Junior Citizens 2020
Details of the Charity:Share this
Junior Citizens is an annual event which introduces year 6 (10 – 11 years of age) to nine or ten safety scenarios.Approx. 3500 children attended the Junior Citizen event in 2019 from 60 Hillingdon borough schools. The event runs for three weeks. Junior Citizen is partnership project funded by the London Borough of Hillingdon. In 2020, 4100 year 6 school children from 59 Hillingdon schools are expected to attend.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The event runs from Monday 9th March 2020 until 27th March 2020.
Location: Brunel University London – STEM Centre – Wilfred Brown Building
AM volunteering session : 9am – 12midday
PM: volunteering session 12.30pm – 2.45pm
Volunteers are required to assist at the event by:
- Registering schools as they arrive at the event
- Stewarding & assisting the school groups as they move between scenarios
- Assisting the Junior Citizen team with tasks
- Highly motivated
- Enjoy working with kids
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony