Brunel Volunteers - Social Media Volunteer (Graduate Stream)
Details of the Charity:Share this
Brunel Volunteers is a department which sits within Brunel Professional Development Centre and works with charities, community groups and organisations to facilitate volunteering opportunities for students and staff to engage with in the local and wider community.
The opportunities offered not only support charities, not for profit organisations and community projects, they help students to build skills relevant to future employment and explore different career paths before entering the graduate recruitment market.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
An exciting opportunity to support Brunel Volunteers to manage different social media channels with an aim to maximise engagement, promote volunteering and raise awareness of the team’s many volunteering events and activities.
As a Social Media Volunteer, you will be involved in:
- Supporting the Brunel Volunteers Team in executing the social media strategy through audience research, platform determination and audience identification
- Researching and creating engaging social media content and scheduling social media posts, liaising with staff as needed
- Supporting the management of content calendars, inputting key social media activities and updating as necessary.
- Thinking of innovative ways to drive online engagement.
- Diversifying online presence by developing other potential social media channels
- Identifying opportunities to establish relationships with local community groups through online channels
- Tracking the effectiveness of social media posts and campaigns, analysing social metrics to support evaluation of the social media strategy
- Volunteers should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
- Demonstrable social networking experience
- Good written communication skills, with accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and motivated to work as an individual
- Ability to think creatively when sharing content
- Opportunity to develop communications & engagement skills
- To learn and practice new skills within a team work setting
- Volunteer Hours go towards your Volunteer Award