Care UK – Whitby Dene Care Home Activities Coordinator
Details of the Charity:Share this
Care UK offer residential and respite care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia. We also provide sensitive and supportive end of life care.
Our friendly and experienced care team gets to know each resident on an individual level, so that we can respond to their specific and unique needs. Our tailored care plans focus on residents’ comfort and health, and we treat every person with dignity and respect.
Knowing about residents’ life experiences, interests and hobbies also helps us to organise activities and outings that they’ll want to take part in. And we promote choice and independence by involving residents in decisions about activities and day-to-day life at the home.
We care for residents’ families and friends too – we’re always here with a listening ear and a cup of tea, and we support people who continue to play a part in their loved one’s day-to-day care. Families and friends are welcome to visit or call whenever they want and we’re always happy for people to join us for activities and outings.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Activities Co-ordinator role will include:
- Decorating the home with inspiring art
- Entertaining the residents
- Arts and Crafts class
- Musical lessons
- Exercise and sport class
- Poetry club
- Reading club
- Cheerleading class
- Event organisation
- One to one sessions with the residents
- Reminisce about the past activity
Weekly sessions with flexible hours, based at the Care Home in Eastcote: Whitby Dene Residential Care Home, 316 Whitby Dene Road, Eastcote, HA4 9EE
- Positive mind set
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to use your own initiative
*DBS check required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
- Unlimited refreshments available
- Experience of working in the care sector
- Hours will be recorded on your H.E.A.R – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony