Circle South East - Circle Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Circles South East (Circles SE) is a Public Protection Charity working for and with local communities, providing a specialist resource across the South East & London. Our purpose is, ‘To relieve the need and promote the rehabilitation, treatment, education and care of persons who have or are likely to commit offences, particularly sexual offences, against others, and the families of such persons and others affected by such offences’.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
“Do you have the time, energy and commitment to help individuals realise their potential?"
Working in partnership with Police and Probation services, Circles South East is an award-winning community initiative which works with groups of volunteers to support, monitor and maintain registered sexual offenders in the community.
The project works to reduce sexual harm through; prevention, rehabilitation, education and safeguarding. Volunteers are at the core of what we do, and operate across all aspects of our work.
- Volunteering opportunities are available throughout the whole of London. Volunteers can specify areas they are comfortable working in
- Volunteers should be aged 18 and above
- You will need to consent to a DBS check, provide 2 referees who will support your application
We are looking for individuals who are mature and empathetic, who have the ability to remain non-judgemental and respectful towards offenders whilst holding them accountable for their behaviour.
A Circle volunteer is a strong individual able to maintain firm boundaries and cope emotionally with this subject.
- Experience in a field that can support future career aspirations
- Paid expenses
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award