ECHO – Communications Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
ECHO (Evelina Children’s Heart Organisation) supports children and young people with heart conditions and their families who have been treated by Evelina London Children’s Hospital Networks. Congenital heart disease is the most common birth defect affecting almost 1 in every 100 babies born in the UK.
ECHO provides support from the moment of diagnosis, throughout any treatment and care pathway or bereavement. ECHO helps members from across the UK and does so within Evelina London Children’s Hospital, local hospitals and the community. Families are supported at every stage of their heart child’s journey throughout childhood, teenage years and during the transition to adult services.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Based at our head office, we are seeking volunteers to assist us deliver our communications programme.
The purpose of the role:
- Engage with families who need help and encourage them to seek support.
- Share the ECHO story with the wider community to engender support for the charity
- Help to reach out to potential donors and fundraisers
Activities are wide ranging and cover all aspects of communications including but not limited to:
- Social media management
- Writing stories and case studies
- Updating our website
- Designing and editing materials
- Making short videos
- Generating PR coverage
Volunteering hours available: Tues / Weds/ Thurs between 10am – 4pm (half day shifts are available).
- Seeking skilled or budding writers, graphic designers, photographer or video producers – but we also encourage applications from people seeking experience in these areas
- Some knowledge of WordPress OR InDesign OR video/photo production would be a bonus in this role
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Invitation to annual volunteer gathering
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony