Ebony Horse Club – Youth Work Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
At Ebony Horse Club we use horses to raise the education, life skills, well-being and aspirations of young people growing up in some of the most disadvantaged communities in south London.
We teach riding and horse care, take groups to outdoor events and on residential trips, and mentor children experiencing significant challenges in their everyday lives.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
To assist staff with all the day-to-day duties involved in running Ebony Horse Club.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the evenings with the care and welfare of the young people and support them with their yard duties
- Act as a positive role model and mentor
- Implement all Health and Safety procedures and report Health and Safety concerns to the line managers
- Support Yard staff with the behaviour management of the young people
- General cleaning of inside facilities
- Responsible – able to act as a positive role model
- Able to work with young people
*DBS required – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Discount on horse riding lessons
- In house training
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony