FareShare - Tesco Food Collection
Details of the Charity:Share this
FareShare is a UK wide charity fighting hunger and food waste. We were born out of the belief that no good food should go to waste, especially when people are going hungry. This belief is as central to our work now as it was 24 years ago. We fight hunger and food waste by redistributing quality surplus food that would otherwise go to waste to frontline organisations supporting vulnerable people, such as breakfast clubs, community centres, homeless hostels and refuges. Whilst we receive a steady supply of fresh food from the food industry, we really need longer life items such as rice, tea and tinned goods. This is where you can help FareShare make a real different to people's lives.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Can you spare just three hours to help collect food at the end of November? In those three hours, you could collect food for 600 meals for people in need - a quick and easy way to make a huge impact on people in food poverty.
- You can sign up as an individual or create a team to bring friends or others with you. The ideal team number is three.
- Volunteers will be in store handing our the FareShare 'shopping list' and collecting donations from customers whilst spreading some Christman cheer.
- What's more, Tesco will top up the food collected by a further 20% donation, so the more food we can collect, the better.
- Good customer service skills
- Cheerful and positive attitude
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony in May