H4ALL - Telephone Befriender
Details of the Charity:Share this
H4All is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) made up of five prominent third sector charities. H4All CIO works collaboratively with our partners and the wider community to develop a holistic, social prescribing approach to improving the health and wellbeing of residents in Hillingdon. This includes simplifying access to the resources and services provided by third sector organisations and promoting alternative community-based support.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Due to Covid, front-line clubs/support groups have been forced to close for the foreseeable future. More people are staying home-social isolation has a hugely detrimental effect on an individual’s health and well-being.
Before the pandemic, H4All had a handful of volunteers making regular, vital calls to clients. Since the start of Covid, this service has grown considerably.
Our volunteers call one or two clients a week for a friendly chat to see how they are and require any support. We have received some fantastic feedback from some of our clients who appreciate the regular calls
Are you able to commit to calling a minimum of two of our clients a week on an ongoing basis?
- Good listening skills
- Patience, empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Flexible, reliable and punctual
- Clear sense of personal boundaries and confidentiality
- Able to provide non-judgemental support
- Engage with training and development
- Full, comprehensive training is given
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award