H4All – Community Events Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
H4All is a Community Interest Company (CIC) made up of five prominent third sector charities; Age UK Hillingdon, DASH, Hillingdon Carers, Harlington Hospice and Hillingdon Mind.
The aim of H4All is to develop collaborative services that improve the health and wellbeing of residents in Hillingdon, simplify access to the extensive preventative resources provided by third sector organisations and promote alternative community-based assets and support.
The H4All Volunteer Hub provides a variety of exciting volunteer opportunities across the five partners and beyond. We are also working in partnership with Carers Trust Thames to increase the amount of opportunities available.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Community Events volunteer will be involved in assisting the Volunteer Development Office at events such as recruitment fairs, GP surgeries, supermarkets, libraries.
- Setting up and closing stalls at events
- Understanding role descriptions available across the various charities with H4All partnership
- Take down individuals contact details and give applications forms
- Complete application forms with individuals where required
- Make conversations with public on interests they have and see what roles match up
- Can identify individuals with specific skills sets that can be used to provide different services across the charities
- Distribute posters and leaflets to local organisations including supermarkets for their community boards
Commitment and Location:
- The role is flexible and to be discussed with individual
- A commitment of twice a month as a minimum is desired
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Informative and helpful manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You will be provided with an induction where training and supervision will be carried out on a regular basis
- The volunteering activity will be added on your H.E.A.R transcript – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invite to our Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony at the end of the year.