Exit Menu

Harlington Hospice - Shop Volunteer

Details of the Charity:

Harlington Hospice is a community hospice providing services for people at the end of their lies and supporting families suffering from bereavement and loss.

Although we do not have impatient beds our Hospice at Home sercice provides nursing care for around 130 - 150 families each year. This enables those who wish to die at home in peaceful and familiar surroundings to do so.

Through our services, we are able to provide emotional support and counselling for people with life limiting illness and their carers and for bereaved families.

For those living with cancer we offer a specialised Lymphoedema therapy service which helps well over 100 people each year to manage their condition.

Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:

We are looking for shop volunteers to help manage the flow of customers safely into our shops and to show customers where they can leave donations. You will also help customers with queries, process, move and display stock and maintain an inviting and welcoming shopping experience.

Skills Required:

Volunteers are needed in our shops in Ickenham, Ruislip Manor, Ruislip and West Drayton from 15th June 2020
Harlington and Eastcote shops will also be opening in the near future.

The shops are open from 09:00-17:00 Monday to Saturday. We are ideally looking for a commitment of 4 hours i.e. morning or afternoon shift.

Additional Benefits:

Volunteering is a great opportunity to meet new people and develop new skills. So, if you want to build confidence, get out of the house or simply help Harlington Hospice, there are many benefits of giving some of your time to help us. 
The minimum age for volunteering in the shop is 16 years of age.

  • Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
  • All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award


  • Interested? Apply below:
    Please note '*' denotes mandatory fields
  • Name
  • Have you come to study at Brunel from outside the EU
  • If you are an international student which visa do you hold?