Hestia - Isolation Support Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Hestia began providing support to adults in crisis in 1970 after founder Jim Horne experienced street homelessness in London. He started a soup run for men and women living on the streets and worked with local authorities to provide accommodation. Within the year, over 800 people were provided with a safe space to sleep at night.
Since then, Hestia has grown to support almost 11,000 adults and children in crisis across London every year. We provide support for those experiencing domestic abuse, modern slavery and mental health needs.
Hestia is one of the largest providers of domestia abuse refuges in London and South East and the main organisation supporting victims of modern slavery in the capital.
As we move forward in to a new chapter of Hestia, we will continue to keep the voices of the adults and children in our services at the heart of our work.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for Volunteers to support our service users that may be self-isolating or are vulnerable durinf these times by dropping off essential items fo an address.
- Support our service users to have acccess to essentials items such as food and medication by providing distance drop off. This would include ringing doorbell and stepping back.
- To collect items from the shops and pharmacy and then to travel to an address for the service user to deliver these items off.
- To liaise and communicate with our team regarding these drop-offs.
- To keep records of who you have dropped off to and summary of drop off.
- Ability to travel
- Maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Basic IT skills if possible
- Reimbursed travel and up to £5 per day for lunch
- An invitation to our volunteering awards and celebration events
- References for job applications
- Interview and CV preparation and support