Hillingdon Adult Learning – Communication Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
We are an adult learning provider in the borough of Hillingdon, developing the skills of our learners by offering qualifications such as: Counselling, Early Years, IT, Hospitality & Catering, Crafts, English, Maths, Other Languages, Literature & Culture, Independent Living & Leisure Skills. Courses range from entry level to level 3.
Targeted provision offers courses through the partners we work with e.g. carers, older people, stroke victims, adults with mental health issues, community groups, learners with difficulties and disabilities. Over the last year the service delivered provision for 4 main sites and 46 community venues, and attracted a head count of 2800 learners last year.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteers will assist with a range of surveys that capture learners’ views.
- Tracking phone calls
- Recording information
- Assisting tutors with their learners in class to access online surveys and to spot check surveys in specific subject areas relating to their learning experience with us and how they are progressing.
- Capture and record information on a spreadsheet
- Half day every week (4 hours) or
- One weekday evening (3 hours)
- South Ruislip
- Good customer service skills
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Refreshments at every session
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony