Hillingdon Carers- Fundraising Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Hillingdon Carers is an independent charity that delivers a wide range of local support services to meet the needs of unpaid carers in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
Our services include:
- Information, advice and support for carers of all ages
- Health and Wellbeing Services for adult carers
- Young Carers Services
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The volunteer's main purpose is to help raise funds for Hillingdon Carers by finding supporters and assisting in the arrangement of fundraising events. The role offers an opportunity to gain experience of events, community and charity fundraising.
Availability: Ideally require someone two to four days a month but is flexible. Also, to be available at fundraising events at an ad-hoc basis but will be agreed beforehand.
Location: Hillingdon Carers office on Uxbridge High Street and at fundraising events, which will all be based within the Hillingdon Borough.
1. To acquire supporters who are happy to raise funds for the charity
2. Look for new ideas of how to raise funds for the charity
3. Assist in the co-ordination of fundraising events
4. Be part of the Hillingdon Carers fundraising committee
Tasks will vary depending on the time of year and could include:
1. Calling prospective supporters including corporate organisations
2. Organising and arranging fundraising events
3. Basic administrative duties to support the team.
4. Sending out supporter materials and marketing communications, including social media.
5. Supporting Community Fundraising projects and undertaking a range of research tasks.
6. Attending and supporting events.
- Some fundraising experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationship with supporters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Show a high standard of professional behaviour and appearance
- Be able to reach the venue via public transport or own transport
This roles requires a DBS check provided by the charity.
- Gain increased knowledge of fundraising
- References will be provided where needed after six months volunteering
- Out of pocket expenses
- The volunteering activity will be added on your H.E.A.R transcript – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which may lead to an invite to our Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony at the end of the year.