Hillingdon Hospitals - Ward Befriender
Details of the Charity:Share this
Hillingdon Hospital is an acute and specialist services provider in North West London, close to Heathrow Airport for which we are the nearest hospital for those receiving emergency treatment. Providing the majority of services from the Trust, Hillingdon Hospital is the only acute hospital in Hillingdon with a busy Accident and Emergency, inpatients, day surgery, and outpatient clinics. The Trust also provides some services at Mount Vernon Hospital, in co-operation with the East & North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
To support patients and staff members primarily through befriending patients on the wards who may feel lonely, isolated or bored, supporting them to make and receive calls to family and friends and spending time with the patients, engaging in conversation or activities.
M A I N T A S K S
- To provide companionship to patients, spending time with them in general conversation
- Helping patients to make and/or receive calls or video calls with their families and friends
- Collecting “messages from loved ones” or personal items/clothing from Main Reception
- Helping to make patients more comfortable, such as getting an extra blanket or adjusting pillows
- Assisting with activity sessions, which could include arts and crafts, puzzles and crosswords
- Assisting with providing hot or cold drinks and snacks, in consultation with staff
- Supporting patients at mealtimes – such as helping to complete menu choices, handing out meals as directed by staff, helping patients to use hand gel, opening food wrappings
- To collect items from hospital shops for patients after verification from ward staff
- Assisting with keeping the ward neat and tidy – such as helping to make beds, cleaning patient tables and lockers, topping up masks and hand gel
- To have excellent listening skills, be empathetic and non-judgemental.
- To be confident when communicating with patients, relatives, staff and members of the public, including in the use of smart phones/devices
- Willing to treat all people with politeness, dignity and respect
- To be presentable and always wear Volunteer ID badge.
- To accept supervision and recognise when to refer issues and questions to Trust staff
All volunteering hours will be recorded to go on your Higher Education Achievement Record (H.E.A.R).