Hillingdon Refugee Support Organisation - Content Writing, Script & Proof Reading Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
The Hillingdon Refugee Support Organisation is a registered voluntary organisation and limited company established in 1996 with charitable objects of welcoming and providing care and practical support to young unaccompanied asylum seekers and refugees specifically those aged 16-21 years in the London Borough of Hillingdon. Our aims are broadly outlined in our mission statement which is as follows:
To bring, hope, dignity, and empowerment to unaccompanied refugees and asylum seekers aged 16-21 in Hillingdon.
To work with individuals regardless of background, providing a welcome reception and both care and practical support in order to enhance their quality of life.
We offer a range of structured, educational and recreational activities to ensure Unaccompanied Asylum Seekers gain confidence, develop new skills and friendships in a non-judgmental environment. All activities provided are designed to build confidence, provide safe opportunities for sharing and development to enable their integration into British society.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
To strengthen our digital presence and from lessons learnt from the COVID – 19 Lockdown, the charity is in the process of building a new website with a learning platform that will provide young refugees with self-paced lessons and courses in English (ESOL), MATHS and Life Skills, We are therefore seeking 2 Content Writing/ Script Reading and Proof -Reading Volunteers to work with our staff to help us produce enriching and engaging courses and lessons- both written and voice content giving more young people a chance for education for the charity’s website and any social media accounts. The Volunteer will also support in producing structured and factual content for blog post creation
• Support to develop engaging and compelling information, script reading/ voice recordings and website content for an audience of young people in support of our objectives.
• Helping us to get our information to a wider audience and engaging people using social media channels
• Assists in the development of content strategies.
• Assists in ensuring accuracy and integrity of any content submitted.
• Assists in composing content that is suitable, addresses the target audience and the purpose of the communication with proper tone, sentence structure, ensuring the copy is factually correct and that the language used is accurate as well as user friendly.
Excellent use of the English language
• Ability to clearly read English scripts and stories for voice recording
• Good proof-reading and sub-editing skills
• Creativity, a questioning attitude, and an eye for detail
• Ability to digest complex information and make it accessible in plain English
• IT literacy: competent with Word and Excel
• Personal commitment to high standards
• Flexible approach
• Understanding of or a willingness to learn about issues faced by unaccompanied refugees and asylum seekers.