Hillingdon Women's Centre - Phone Communications and Administration Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
We are a safe space for women who are in need of support. Our services are inclusive of all women regardless of background, race and sexual identity. Our main services are related to domestic abuse, for those in need of advice and support. We also work with women experiencing mental health difficulties, unemployment, isolation, as well as those needing legal and benefits advice. We are the only service of it’s kind in the local community and so we offer a holistic approach through sisterhood, empowerment, practical support and advice to enable women to reach their full potential. The framework of our strategy is built upon the theme of ‘Women Enabling Women’ and is constructed around our pillars of Advice, Empowerment, Sisterhood and Opportunity.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for an empathetic and organised individual with excellent communication skills on the telephone and online! You will be responsible for answering incoming calls to the women’s centre as well as monitoring our email inbox for incoming enquiries and referrals.We need volunteers who are passionate about ending gender based violence and are keen to be involved in supporting a small charity and are willing to be trained fully in order to be able to offer basic information and advice to service user.
Due to the nature of our organisation this opportunity is open to women-only.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Confident answering telephone calls and taking accurate messages.
- Empathetic and patient when communicating with others. (Especially with those who may be in stressful situations or who do not have English as first language).
- Ability to organise workload and multi-task.
- Team working and able to communicate with staff team.
- Confident IT skills including use of Spreadsheets and Google Forms and is open to learning new systems.
- Basic IT skills.
- Willing to read and keep updated about the women’s sector and be committed to the values our charity embodies.
1. Access to a computer, tablet or phone with internet access.
2. Previous experience providing information, advice and/or guidance.