Hillingdon Women's Centre - Project Support Volunteer (women-only)
Details of the Charity:Share this
We are a safe space for women who are in need of support. Our services are inclusive of all women regardless of background, race and sexual identity. Our main services are related to domestic abuse, for those in need of advice and support. We also work with women experiencing mental health difficulties, unemployment, isolation, as well as those needing legal and benefits advice. We are the only service of it’s kind in the local community and so we offer a holistic approach through sisterhood, empowerment, practical support and advice to enable women to reach their full potential. The framework of our strategy is built upon the theme of ‘Women Enabling Women’ and is constructed around our pillars of Advice, Empowerment, Sisterhood and Opportunity.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are seeking a highly organised and efficient volunteer who can offer support to projects within the organisation. The role will be largely assisting the project team on the Workplace Safespace programme. You’ll need to be able to take initiative and be able to multitask effectively to ensure we meet our deliverables. We need volunteers who are passionate about ending gender based violence and are keen to be involved in supporting a small charity. This role is open to women-only due to the nature of our organisation.
1. A good level of written and oral communication.
2. Strong research and organisation skills.
3. Excellent IT skills and open to learning new technologies if required 4. Able to engage with the community and can work independently.
5. Proactive with a strong sense of initiative.
6. Willingness to take on different tasks, to respond feedback, to work flexibly and to meet deadlines.
7. Willing to read and keep updated about the women’s sector and be committed to the values our charity embodies.
1. Good understanding of women’s issues and awareness of domestic abuse.
2. Experience using online tools such as Canva, Buffer or Mailchimp would be advantageous.
3. Previous experience working in, or coordinating projects.