Horn of Africa Youth Association- Social Media Editor
Details of the Charity:Share this
HAYA: is a charity organisation based in west London, HAYA is dedicated to breaking down isolation and combating alienation and despair amongst young people and their families by supporting opportunities for their development.
We aim to create an environment of friendship and belonging where young people can gain strength and power, collectively and as individuals, through creative learning
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for a Social Media editor.
The goal is to grow HAYA online community across all social media channels(facebook, twitter, Instragam, website etc),. This role will involve having strategic oversight of all social media channels as well as being heavily involved in the day-to-day running of each channel.
- Create and execute a social media strategy that will inspire people to take action to support the causes they care about.
- Develop the tone of voice for the organisation on social media.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to have update.
- Set up and optimise company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other members, identify key players and coordinate actions.
We expect the commitment to be 3-5 hours a week.
- Some experience working in social media or marketing is desirable.
- Good writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using social analytics tools knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude and detail oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- Fluency in English.
- Hours recorded on your HEAR- which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute to your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony at the end of the year