Exit Menu

Hospital Radio Hillingdon – Music Request Collector/Presenter

Details of the Charity:

We are a registered Charity no. 264132 run entirely by volunteers. We serve the patients of Hillingdon Hospital.

Our aim is to brighten up the stay of the patients, by broadcasting music requests and dedications, national and local news and the best selection of music, 24 hours a day. We play something for everyone of all ages. Our service is broadcast FREE of charge on the Hospedia Bedside Entertainment System on Radio channel 45, online and on a smart phone app, so relatives of the patients can listen as well, from the comfort of their favourite Living room armchair.

Radio Hillingdon is not funded by the NHS and all of our day to day running costs are met with funds raised by our volunteers.

Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:

  • Visit the patients in the wards from 18:00 onwards
  • Assist patients with the operation of Hospedia terminals
  • Be available once a week Sunday to Friday
  • Help to locate the requested songs in the music library
  • Help present the Request show between 20:00-22:00

Skills Required:

  • Comply with the Radio Hillingdon Constitution and Hillingdon Hospital Policies & Procedures
  • Complete an application form
  • Provide two references
  • Complete a three month probationary period
  • Complete an Occupational Health Questionnaire
  • Complete a Disclosure & Barring scheme check
  • Minimum age 18 years old

Additional Benefits:

  • Improves your communication with different groups of people
  • Experience for your CV, especially for those looking for a career in radio or media
  • Hours will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
  • All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the annual Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony in May
  • Interested? Apply below:
    Please note '*' denotes mandatory fields
  • Name
  • Have you come to study at Brunel from outside the EU
  • If you are an international student which visa do you hold?