Hounslow Action For Youth - Finance Research Volunteer
Details of the Charity:Share this
Established in 1987, Hounslow Action for Youth (HAY) is an award-winning charity. Our aim is to prevent disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people from engaging in crime or anti-social behaviour by providing stimulating activities and personalised support that improve their education and learning, identifying and encouraging their strengths and passions so that they can become active citizens, reach their full potential and have better changes in life.
We operate across the London Borough of Hounslow but target these three disadvantated wards:
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Finance Research Volunteer will work with the Director and Fundraising team to gather financial information that will enhance our fundraising applications and enable us to deliver cost-effective services for vulnerable young people.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with Fundraising team to calculate the value of in-kind support provided to the charity
- Work with Fundraising team to develop budgets for fundraising applications
- Assist the Director with preparation of income and expenditure reports
- Work with Director to evaluate cost-effectiveness of our work
We would like volunteers to commit to 5-6 hours a week for at least 3 months. Hours are flexible and can be worked be around student’s timetable.
Volunteer will work remotely. They will participate in team virtual meetings, receive virtual training and weekly supervision (via Zoom).
Undergraduate or graduate students of Finance disciplines, or other relevant disciplines, with a desire to build portfolio of work.
- Experience working with numerical information and data
- Good research skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Analytical thinking, and a keen eye for detail and the capacity to see the big picture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills, with experience of using databases
- Practical experience and knowledge of the financial side of the charity sector
- Opportunity to build a portfolio of work
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award