Hounslow Action for Youth – Communications Intern
Details of the Charity:Share this
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity set up in 1986 to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
We develop early intervention initiatives for young people at risk of being socially marginalised. The range of projects developed and run by HAY is unique in that it provides support for children, young people and families all the way from the pre-school years through to young adulthood and beyond, with emphasis on prevention through early intervention wherever possible.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Preparing a range of communications for particular projects, such as:
- Facebook and Twitter posts
- Writing copy for the web site.
The Centre is a short bus ride from Hounslow East station.
Volunteers are required one day a week on days that suit. They will work with a consultant and receive on going training and supervision from her.
DBS checks will be carried out by us. Interviews will be carried out by the consultant in Central London.
This role will help this children’s charity publicise its vital work and the need for it.
- Good written communication skills
- Experience of using social media
- Regular training and access to external training with leading training bodies
- Free training with Hounslow Community Network, Institute of Fundraising. The consultant will provide specialist training.
- Travel expenses paid for
- Hours will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony