Hounslow Action for Youth – Fundraising Intern
Details of the Charity:Share this
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity set up in 1986 to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
We develop early intervention initiatives for young people at risk of being socially marginalised. The range of projects developed and run by HAY is unique in that it provides support for children, young people and families all the way from the pre-school years through to young adulthood and beyond, with emphasis on prevention through early intervention wherever possible.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- To secure new sources of income through bid writing and research
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Research trusts and corporate grant making foundations appropriate to the charity’s aims and objectives
- Prepare funding applications
- Support and help to develop the fundraising strategy
- Work with all forms of media, and produce supporting materials such as case studies
- The role is for one flexible day a week working with the Fundraising Consultant, either at The Hanworth Centre or from home.
- The minimum volunteering period is six months.
- Committed and enthusiastic, willing to work in all areas of fundraising and marketing
- Flexible working style
- Good research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised with the tenacity to see through challenging projects
- Understanding of, and sympathy with, the overall aims of the Charity
- Good computer skills and awareness of social media
- Undergraduate or graduate in any subject, but marketing, finance, social policy and politics students are particularly welcome to apply
- CRB check required – provided by HAY
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
- Comprehensive supervision and training package included, comprising of access to fundraising and project management skills workshops provided by a variety of training bodies
- Role recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards the Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invite to the annual Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May