Exit Menu

Hounslow Action for Youth - Social Researcher

Details of the Charity:

Hounslow Action for Youth is an award-winning charity providing a range of free and low-cost services for disadvantaged children and young people aged 0-19 who live in the London borough of Hounslow.

Our aim is to build the capabilities of disadvantaged children and young people so that they understand their true worth and abilities and are able to fully engage with education and embark on a path of positive learning and development. We provide cradle to career services, meeting the needs of young people at key milestones, supporting them every step of the way on their journey of transformation. 

Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:

The Social Research Volunteer will be responsible for designing and implementing a social research project to measure the outcomes of the charity's work.

Main tasks and responsibilities:

  • Design and carry out surveys using appropriate research methodology.
  • Use a variety of other appropriate research methods to evaluate the impact of the charity’s work.
  • Support staff team with measuring outcomes.
  • Collate and analyse research data and help to prepare an evaluation report.


We would like volunteers to commit for 6 months if possible.

Skills Required:

  • Undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate level in any Social Sciences, research, or other relevant discipline
  • Knowledge and experience of quantitative and/ or qualitative research methods
  • Strong analytical skills
  • Good IT skills, with experience of using databases

Additional Benefits:

  • Travel expenses reimbursed
  • Free training and support provided
  • Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
  • All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
  • Interested? Apply below:
    Please note '*' denotes mandatory fields
  • Name
  • Have you come to study at Brunel from outside the EU
  • If you are an international student which visa do you hold?