Innovia: Women in STEM (Brunel) - Assistant Python Instructor
Details of the Charity:Share this
Code First Girls (CFG) is dedicated to transforming technology by providing the skills, space, and inspiration for women to become developers and future leaders. They run free coding courses to help women kick-start their career in tech. CFG is running an Introduction to Python Programming courses in partnership with Brunel University and need your help.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Are you a female that can code? Would you like to become an Assistant Python Instructor for the Code First Girls Python masterclass that Innovia: Women in STEM society would be hosting for Brunel Students?
CFG is looking for volunteer instructors to donate their time and share their tech skills to teach the CFG curriculum. There is no lesson planning or homework marking involved and the course materials have already been created, we just ask you to bring your enthusiasm to each session to inspire more women to explore a career in tech!
CFG courses run for 8 weeks, one evening a week for 2 hours. Course details:
- Week 1: Python Basics: Data Types and Variables
- Week 2: Problem Solving: Input, Loops and Functions with Turtle
- Week 3: Decision Making: Logic and If Statements
- Week 4: Lists and Dictionaries
- Week 5: Files, Pip and APIs
- Week 6: Building Your App: Project Planning and Projects
- Week 7: Building Your App: Project Work Time
- Week 8: Project Presentations
- Previous coding experience (preferably python)
- Teaching or working in groups
- Teaching Experience
- Strengthens CV
- Volunteering hours go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award